Porous paving is widely used across Europe and is becoming more prominent in Australia and New Zealand and here is why:
1. Allowing water to be returned to the water table helps surrounding vegetation thrive.
2. Minimising storm water run off helps reduce flooding and stormwater surges.
3. Reducing stormwater run off into drains reduces pollution in our water ways.
4. Rain water can be held under porous paving to promote passive irrigation or to be collected for re-use as grey water - this is of particular benefit during droughts.
5. A healthy water table helps vegetation thrive in urban environments, this in turn has a positive effect in oxygen levels and heat island effect.
For more information, contact us now!